Tips on photos for POP Art
There are a several photography features that work really well for making POP Art.
Here are a few tips on what we think help create a great artwork.
Do keep in mind, this is your wall art,
so if your favourite image differs to our tips,
it doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t make it POP – Art!
POSITION & SPECIFICATIONS
- Facing the camera front on – 90 degree angle from ground works best (rather than photos taken from above/below subject)
- Sunlight/lighting on face/full body (minimal shadowing)
FORMAT & QUALITY
- 300 pixels/inch, but a minimum of 72 pixels/inch. The higher the quality the better.
- 30cm x 30 cm (~850px x 850px) or more (between 2-4MB), however, the higher the better. The larger the better (always upload images at maximum size)
- Upload up to 3 images if you’re unsure (you have a total of 100MB to upload, otherwise, you can send through via email)
- Portrait: one subject only (person, animal, object, etc, unless otherwise agreed) with full face in the image. Don’t worry about what/who in the photo (we’ll remove it).
- Standing: one subject only (person, animal, etc, unless otherwise agreed) with full body in the image. Be conscious of feet & hands being VISIBLE (not hidden by grass/table, etc.)
- You will be given the opportunity to approve the digital base image (black & white), so that you are comfortable with the cropping and layout. Note- we may adjust the shading or filter after colourisation, to improve the final product
- You will be given the opportunity to approve the final digital colourised image (or monochrome), before we go to print. Note- once you approved the final image, there is no turning back, so please decide carefully.
We’re very good at what we do!… we haven’t yet had an image that we couldn’t work with. If in doubt, contact us and we’ll advise you on the best image.