make it POP – Art Wall Art Giclée Prints & Streetwear Apparel
A few tips to get the most out of your premium print & apparel – best practice handling & care instructions.
It’s important to appreciate the high quality & delicate nature of your artwork print or streetwear apparel, as well as the materials used to create them. Below are a few tips on the best way to handle & display your print, as well as the recommended washing & drying of apparel – these instructions will help you enjoy the maximum colour & longevity of your purchase.
WALL ART: PRINT HANDLING & CARE
- Handle your print with clean hands or white cotton gloves. Take care & patience when unrolling your print, as the 100% cotton rag (paper) is delicate & can kink/dent easily.
- Avoid directly touching the print surface (ink); use the 1cm white border around your inked image to handle/move your print.
- Let your print rest open/flat for a couple of hours before framing – this will allow the paper to comfortably adjust to a flat position. You can use small weights to hold down each corner of the print but be sure to place them on the 1cm white border only.
- Never allow liquids of any kind to come in contact with your print.
- Only acid-free, archival materials should come in contact with the front/back of your print – keep this in mind when choosing your frame. Framing under glass or acrylic provides the greatest protection against fading from UV light and ozone. This will help get the maximum longevity in colour & texture (up to 125 years!)
- Never allow prints to directly rub against one another in storage or transit (that includes not re-packing the prints unprotected in a mail tube). Always use archival plastic sleeves or acid-free tissue paper to cover or separate your prints – your print is delivered to you wrapped in acid-free tissue paper.
- Avoid direct sunlight or extremely bright indirect sunlight.
- Don’t display or store your print outdoors where it may be exposed to chemicals, paints, varnishes or oils containing solvents & avoid exposure to excessive temperature & humidity extremes.
- Avoid pinning/hanging/attaching unprotected (unframed) prints on the wall. Chemicals in wall paint, especially solvents, can damage the print (e.g. yellowing).
- Keep your unframed prints away from sources of ozone, such as monitors and TVs, air purifiers or other sources of high voltage electricity.
- If you don’t want the 1cm (or less) white border on your print showing after framing, you should choose a frame with a window/visible print size that is 1cm each side less than your purchased size (e.g. for a W52cm x H52cm purchased print size choose a frame with a W50cm x H50cm window or for a W52cm x H72 choose a W50cm x 70H window- your frame’s border (e.g. wood) should then cover the white border of your print).
- The safest & most convenient way to frame your print is to visit a professional frame provider – they will ensure your aesthetic needs are met & that your print is handled with the appropriate care.
STREETWEAR: APPAREL WASH & DRY INSTRUCTIONS
- Always turn your garment inside out before washing.
- Wash in cold water, use a mild detergent (don’t over-use/add more detergent than is prescribed) & wash with similar colours.
- Set your washing machine to gentle cycle.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
- Dry using gentle/low setting on your tumble dryer or hang dry for optimal longevity.
- If necessary, cool iron inside out only. Do not iron on print/ink.
We are always available to answer any additional questions you may have, so feel free to contact us via email or phone if you need us.
A: 6 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo, NSW, 2000